* Lake House on going exhibit: Each month members of the Seabrook Island Artist Guild display their art at The Lake House wall leading to the library. Most of these paintings are for sale. Simply call the artist on the phone number shown under each painting.
* Each month an "ARTIST OF THE MONTH" and "PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE MONTH" is choosen and allowed to display additional samples of their work at the Lakje House. We will also be rotating displays of "thematic art, e.g. paintings of local wildlife, paintings of specific Seabrook locatioins, etc and displays of artwork created at the various worksahops we hold.For the upcoming months these artists will be:
ARTIST OF THE MONTH:
October Theme month: "Seabrrook's Wild Life" Artist's depiction of the various forms of wild life found on Seabrook.
November: Artist of The Month: Tina Mayland!
December: Aritist of the Month: Walter Czander
- Our next MONTHLY MEETING will be on Tuesday, October 17th.. FROM 2 TO 4 PM and each 3rd Tuesday of each month there after through MAY, 2018.
AT OUR OCTOBER MEETING,we are excited to have well known artist ALANA KNUFF who will DEMONSTRATE THE IMPORTANT PRIINCIPLES AND STAGES OF THE CREATIVE PROCESS. DO NOT MISS THIS PRESENTATION!!
We also hold periodic FIELD TRIPS AND WORKSHOPS* held by both SIAG** members and outside artists. The fall schedule will be:
* GARY KUNKELMAN'S ANNUAL "THREE HOUR STILL LIFE" WORKSHOP: OCTOBER 31ST: 12:30 -4PM @ the Eagle's Nest at the Lake House.
* BOB LEFEVRE'S ANNUAL DRAWING CLASS! NOVEMBER 7TH, EAGLE'S, 1 TO 3 PM.This year, Bob will review the basic perceptual skills neccessary to replicate what you see and translate these skills into the creation of a realistic portrait and, separatley, the human form.
*Karin Olah Workshop: "Creating in Mixed Media": Oct. 25th: 9:30-2:30, @ the Lake House,Eagel's Nest.
* Contact Gary Kunkelman to reserve a place at these workshops: firstname.lastname@example.org; 484-400-4390
**The above workshop schedule held by SIAG members offers free classes, open to all Island and off island residents (you do not have to be a member of the guild) held at the Eagle's Nest at the Lake House. All classes are scheduled from 1 to 3 PM unless otherwise noted.(call Gary Kunmkelman at 484-400-4390 or e-mail him at: email@example.com to register and if you need a gate pass).
SELLING SHOWS ARE PLANNED AS FOLLOWS:
"BLACk FRIDAY annual THANKSGIVING show and sale": NOVEMBER 27TH, 10 TO 7 PM. Contact Pat Schaeffer to register.
We have developed an informal PLEIN AIRE group headed by Pat Huff and Ann Billeter that plans to paint the third Thursday of each month (weather permitting) from about 9:30 to 3 PM. Announcement of locations will be sent each month.
FOLLOW US ON SEABROOK'S NEW BLOG: "TIDELINESSEABROOKISLANDBLOG"