* Lake House Gallery on-going exhibit: Each month members of the Seabrook Island Artists Guild display their art at The Lake House Gallery wall leading to the library. Most of these paintings are for sale. Simply call the artist on the phone number shown under each painting.
Art Hanging Schedule: 8:30-9:30 am on the following dates
Thursday, March 29: Pat Van deGraaf;
*Reception on Friday April 6, 5:00-7:00pm, the Lake House.
Tuesday, May 1: Bill Duffy workshop art
Friday, June 1: Betsy Turner
*Reception on Friday, June 1, 5:00- 7:00 pm, the Lake Houe
Monday, July 2: Colleen Weissman
Wednesday, August 1: Dick Barnola
Saturday, September 1: Walt Czander
* Each month an "ARTIST OF THE MONTH" and "PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE MONTH" are selected and allowed to display additional samples of their work at the Lake House. The Guild also rotates displays of thematic art, e.g. paintings of local wildlife, paintings of specific Seabrook seascapes and marshlands, as well as displays of artwork created at various Guild workshops.
ARTISTS OF THE MONTH (2018):
January: Sherry Smith and Diane Bean "Landscapes and Seabirds" (Oils)
February: Brenda Tilson "The Amish and their World" (pastels)
March: Paintings created during the Mark Horton January workshop
April: Pat Van deGraaf (watercolors)
May: Paintings created during the William P. Duffy March workshop
June: Betsy Turner
July: Colleen Weissman
August: Dick Barnola
September: Walter Czander
MONTHLY MEETINGS are held the 3rd Tuesday of each month, 2:00-4:00pm, through MAY, 2018, and offer FREE DEMONSTRATIONS by visiting artists. The Spring schedule is as follows:
February 20: Impressionistic Charleston artist RICK REINERT.
March 20 : Marine Artist WILLIAM P. DUFFY
April 16: Bold acrylic painter TATE NATION
May 15: Portrait and landscape artist DEE BEARD DEAN
SPRING SCHEDULE FOR WORKSHOPS HELD BY OUTSIDE ARTISTS:
JANUARY 22-23: MARK HORTON, Clouds and marsh scenes
FEBRUARY 10-11: PORTRAIT AND FIGURE ARTIST KATRIEL SREBNIK, "Drawing the female figure" workshop with a live model.
MARCH 21-22-23 WILLIAM P. DUFFY, CELEBRATED NEW ENGLAND MARINE ARTIST.
* Contact BOB LEFEVRE (firstname.lastname@example.org) to reserve a place at these workshops; payment is due upon registration with Pat Van deGraaf (Pvdegraaf@aol.com)
SELLING SHOWS ARE PLANNED AS FOLLOWS:
-The annual POA show, February 16-18, The Lake House
- Spring Festival, March 31, Kiawah Freshfields Village
- Blues by The Sea, April 15, Kiawah Freshfields Village
- Memorial Day Show/Sale: Sunday, May 27, Kiawah Freshfields Village "On the Green", 10:00-4:00
- July 4th weekend: Monday, July 2, noon- 6:00pm, the Lake House
** Meet the artists reception 4:00-6:00pm
We have developed an informal PLEIN AIR group headed by Pat Huff and Ann Billeter to paint the third Thursday of each month (weather permitting) from about 9:30 to 3:00 PM. Announcement of locations will be sent each month.
FOLLOW US ON SEABROOK'S NEW BLOG: "TIDELINESSEABROOKISLANDBLOG"